Thursday, May 7, 2009

Photographers’ Gallery

Wolfgang Tillmans photo the “Paper Drop” is one of my favorite photos on the second floor of The Photographers’ Gallery exhibits. It is a simple photo but I love the colors in the photos. It’s amazing when looking at the photo I would have never guessed that it was a piece of paper. The photo reminded of on oyster shell. The purple of the paper was a lovely color. I also enjoy how the purple color has multi shades and they blend so well.

Alina Szapocznicknow photos called “Fotorzezby-photosculptures.” These photos consist of the photographer chewing gum and posing it in certain ways and took pictures. When I first walked to the gallery it was the first photo that I came across. Like many other students I was puzzled by the photos and the objects that were there. When I did know what it was I was a bit disgusted which may have been what the photographer had in mind.

Maurizio Anzeri photos “2nd Hand Portraits” were more interesting to me. I was puzzled what would have been the meaning of the photos. Anzeri took old black and white portrait photos and stitched circler designs. One photo appears, to me, as if the photographer was attempting to make the person appear like a monkey. The photo has big circles around her eyes and large one around her mouth. Over all I think the stitches are made very well but I don’t think these photos or really any in the gallery are my aesthetic taste.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you presented this posting it is very simple and straight forward. I also enjoyed the Paper drop and the gum sculptures.

    ReplyDelete