Friday, April 24, 2009

TAS- Aesthetics Dinner


On Tuesday night we all joined again to dine at TAS down in Bloomsbury Square, TAS is a Turkish cuisine restaurant. To begin with I would like to state that I still wasn’t hundred percent better from getting sick a few nights before so I wasn’t completely thrilled with the idea of eating food. When you walk into the restaurant the setting is appropriate for a Turkish restaurant. Walls and pillars are tiled and there is a mosaic on one wall. One side of the restaurant has mirrors hanging to make it appear as if the room is larger than it is. Our class sat next to the window, outside the window there were potted plants that set a nice frame for the busy road the restaurant was located by. The bar and grills are displayed openly on the right side of the room, when we walk out we could thank the cooks that prepared such a wonderful meal.


To start off the meal we were given a set menu of five different starters. They were all taste but I particularly liked the humus but I’m also already a fan of humus. Another started that I enjoyed was the feta cheese and spinach triangle pastures called Borek. Some of the other starters were: Zeytin Yagli Patlican, Tabule, Manca, Zeytin Yagli Bakla, and Sebzeli Kofte (Falafel).


For our main dish I chose to try the mixed grilled called Karisik Izgara. The dish consists of chicken, beef, and minced lamb. The meats were seasoned and cooked deliciously with Orzo on the side, everything went well together. Along with our meal we were served house wines. Their house white wine was a crisp and dry wine and the red house wine was a syrah wine that I suggest is left to breath for a while before drinking, for me it was a bit to sharp for me to begin with. The red wine has a berry and spice flavor that went well with my meat dish. Overall the meal and atmosphere of the restaurant was appealing and enjoyed.
Review is also posted on Yelp.co.uk: http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/tas-restaurant-london-2

No comments:

Post a Comment